Last update 2020.10.18
We are often asked which currency pair or pairs are the best to trade 💷 💶 💴 💵. The answer is “it depends.” Depending on the forex broker you choose, the entire universe of possibilities is in the range of 40-70 fx currency pairs.
Once there is no immediate and single answer to what are the best forex pairs to trade, we need first to understand a bit more about forex trading.
What you will learn ahead🎓
- How forex pairs are organized
- The most-traded forex pairs
- How to use AI to trade forex and take advantage of the market
- What are the best forex brokers to trade
🎓 Besides learning what is the best forex pair to trade, we expect to help you invest in forex efficiently and improve your results. Get extra forex trading insights from leading finance experts on our trading Academy and on our free forex Telegram channel.
💹 When investing in forex, we suggest you consider long term results.
Understanding how the forex pairs are organized 🔬
Given the fact that there is a great variety of forex pairs or fx symbols, it is essential to understand that they are organized by different aspects, such as trading volume. These pairs are further sorted into various groups:
- Major Pairs.
- Minor Pairs (also known as Cross Currency Pairs or just “Crosses”).
- Exotic Pairs.
The Major Pairs are the most popular and therefore the most heavily traded.
About 82% of the global volume in Forex trading happens within the Major Pairs. This popularity and high volume mean spreads are tighter making them less expensive to trade. The Major Pairs are:
Minor or Cross Currency pairs (crosses) are less popular and more thinly traded than the major pairs.
These are currency pairs that don’t include the US dollar (USD) but do include the currencies of major economies like Europe, Great Britain, Japan, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and Switzerland as either the base currency or the quote currency.
The Minor or Cross currency pairs for the Euro (EUR 💶) are:
Another set of Minor pairs are those that involve the Great British Pound 💷 . These minor pairs are listed below:
Another popular currency to trade is the Japanese yen 💴. A range of minor pairs involving the Japanese yen can be seen below:
Other less popular and less traded though still somewhat traded involve currencies from so-called “Tier 1” economies like Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and Switzerland.
The most popular of these currency pairs are listed here:
Finally, exotic currency pairs are those which combine one major currency (or the currency of one major economy) to one currency from an emerging economic nation such as Brazil, Mexico, and Denmark.
These pairs are not traded as much as the Forex major and minor pairs which means they are more expensive to trade due to larger spreads, higher swap fees, and more expensive transaction costs. A list of some of them is here:
The sheer number of opportunities and choices found between these different pairs may seem confusing and overwhelming.
So which one is best for you to trade? Understand that the best time to trade currency is when one or more of the three largest market activity centers (New York, London, and Tokyo) are open.
💡 So the first thing to do is look at your schedule. When can you trade the markets? Then look at the times when the market centers for the currencies you want to trade are open and when one of the big three market activity centers are also open.
Once you understand the best time for you to trade and have determined which currencies are best to trade within that time frame, you’ll need to determine just how the currencies you can choose actually trade.
Are they volatile, and do you like the volatility? This decision is an important one for your success.
But there is an easier way. WiseInvest’s AI sorts through 40 variables and sends you the best trades. You don’t have to figure out time zone math, you don’t have to remember when the market activity centers are open.
You certainly don’t have to understand technical analysis or worry about missing a government report or action in a foreign country that significantly impacts the currency pair you trade. WiseInvest does it all for you.
Reviewing the most traded Forex pairs
Did you miss something about the most traded forex symbols? Here is a review of a survey conducted by the BIS bank.
- The US Dollar (USD 🇺🇸) is the most popular forex trading pair, with 88.3% of global trades involving the ever-reliable greenback.
- The second most popular currency in the forex market is the Euro (EUR 🇪🇺), accounting for 32.3% of trades.
- The Japanese Yen (JPY 🇯🇵) comes in at third place, with 16.8% of all trades involving this currency. However, the Japanese Yen’s share has dropped 5% in the last three years.
- Currencies that belong to emerging market economies contribute to 24.5% of all forex trades. This constitutes a rise of 4% when compared to the last BIS Bank survey, which was conducted in 2016.
- The British Pound Sterling (GBP 🇬🇧) accounted for 12.8% of all trades in 2019.
- The Australian Dollar’s (AUD 🇦🇺) share in global forex trading remained at a stable 6.8%.
- The Canadian Dollar (CAD 🇨🇦) and Swiss Franc (CHF 🇨🇭) each accounted for roughly 5% of forex trading in 2019.
- Trading in Chinese Renminbi has seen an increase that was in line with aggregate market growth. The Renminbi is at one side of 4.3% of all forex trades.
- The Hong Kong dollar has seen a surprising increase in the overall share of the forex market in the last three years. The HKD’s share has doubled from 1.7% in 2016 to 3.5% in 2019.
- The New Zealand Dollar (NZD 🇳🇿) has retained an unchanged percentage of the market – with 2.1% of all transactions involving this currency both in 2016 and 2019.
The best way to trade forex
There are two ways to invest with our AI in forex without concern about screening the best forex pairs to trade.
1. Automated with AI-Trading. Check out the 3 steps to trade automated with our AI.
By trading forex automated with AI, you will save time and improve your performance without monitoring the market and managing trading platforms.
With Automated AI trading you do not need MT4 / MT5 and other trading platforms to invest in forex. All forex trades are automatically placed into your broker account every time that our AI system identifies a new worthy trading opportunity. You can monitor the AI trading performance in real-time directly on our dashboard.
Automated AI trading benefits
- Setup in 3 minutes.
- Totally hands-off, from anywhere.
- Invest from just $1.
- APY of 40% over the past 13 years*.
- Lightning-fast execution & no slippage.
- No commissions, no management fees.
- Portfolio with 40 different automatic strategies.
- No MT4/MT5 or other platforms required.
- Test with a risk-free practice account.
- Trading results directly on our dashboard.
Would you like to open a forex broker account? Our AI is integrated to trade automated with the brokers Oanda and FXCM. Click here to open an account with FXCM or here to open with Oanda. Those are some of the best forex brokers in the world.
2. Manually with AI forex signals.
Wiseinvest also provides AI forex signals that perfectly fit into MT4, MT5, and any trading platform. To trade with our AI forex signals, you must simply copy the data you receive from each real-time signal into any forex brokerage account of your choice.
There are five unique variables for each AI signal, and each must be copied exactly, to match the performance of the signal as close as possible.
Each AI forex signal alert consists of the following five data points:
- Symbol (forex pair)
- Direction (long or short)
- Position size (number of units or lots)
- Take profit (price level to exit with maximum gain)
- Stop loss (price level to exit with maximum loss)
Check out how to trade with our AI forex signals.
- Subscribe to a Wise-Plan.
- Open a Brokerage account. Check this article about the best forex Brokers.
- Set an amount and a position size on our Wiseinvest dashboard.
- Our AI will send you real-time trading alerts by email and Telegram.
- Copy the signals and paste into your Brokerage account.
All forex signals are sent every time that our AI trading system identifies a new trading opportunity. Our trading strategies are developed on a variety of time frames such as 4 and 8 hours.
Wiseinvest AI forex signals are Market Orders and you do not need the entry price. You can copy each signal while it is available on our dashboard. We do this way to assure that traders will just place signals while they are good to be traded.
You can trade forex with our free forex signals clicking here, or with our Premium subscription that provides you unlimited AI signals and automated AI trading in partner brokers. Whether you are a beginner or a professional forex trader, our AI trading system can help you save time and improve your trading performance. Get started with free AI.
When investing through Wiseinvest automated AI trading or AI forex signals, you do not need to calculate pips and change the leverage in your forex broker account. Learn more about leverage in forex trading clicking here.
Learning Finance Is Critical to succeed in forex trading
No matter how you decide to learn about finance, having these skills can bring success in your professional and personal life. We always recommend learning more about finance and trading. This is why we founded the free Trading Academy.
What is the AI performance in forex trading?
The Win Rate of our AI moves as shown by the period and can reach up to 95%. The introduction relies upon the capable wild estimation metric, which infers that our model is valuable at whatever point the Win Rate is more noticeable than 60%. All methods of our AI trading system search for stable returns and sufficient results to achieve an ordinary return of 40% consistently (APY), without the usage of high impacts.
We appreciate that what is significant in forex trading is the definitive result. Thusly, the money related master needs to consider that Win Rate isn’t commonly the best estimation to measure execution in forex, as other signal providers uncover. For instance, out of 100 trades, solitary 1 trade may be an adequate disaster to make the 99 trades not gainful. For this circumstance, the Win Rate would be 99%, yet the convincing result would be unfeasible (negative).
We revolve around the appearance of 40% of APY and not just on Win Rate.
It is essential to see that forex brokers may charge spreads, commissions, and overnight costs in your trading account, and these components can impact the AI execution. You can check our forex trading history to see more about AI trading execution clicking here.
How much do I need to trade forex with AI?
You can start in forex trading with a free AI forex signals or AI trading record and make a store from just $1 in the broker. It is moreover possible to test using a danger-free practice account with our AI trading structure. Regardless, to do a capable peril, the board in authentic records, we suggest you start from at least $100. Notice that some forex traders require assorted beginning stores to trade forex.
What is the trading strategy of our AI?
Our AI methodology is the blend of different AI trading structures, with more than 100 features, that portray 40 particular procedures which simultaneously consider: Quotes of the 28 forex pairs, Supports, and Resistances in different timeframes, Trends and Counter-designs, Cross-markers, Index of each pair, Economic Calendar, Investors Sentiment.
Our AI looks at those fundamental, technical, and sentiment factors that impact forex trading, and all models are surveyed constantly using different burdens. In the wake of completing the examination, the choice of the signal transmission procedure is made considering the improved likelihood of flashing advantage and the total open for theory.
Using technical analysis, our count considers not simply the instances of various examples, including sponsorship and deterrent levels and cross-pointers, yet our AI is moreover prepared to make its own progressing record for each cash pair, that is used to recognize what is the best course and target.
Practically identical to fundamental analysis in forex, the AI makes an association inside the budgetary calendar to find news data that can impact express money sets.
- With an average daily volume of $6 trillion, forex is the largest financial market in the world and offers great opportunities to invest.
- Given that there is a great variety of forex pairs, finding the best forex pairs to trade requires analyzing volume, liquidity, and spreads. Fortunately, AI trading can do this job for you.
- Wiseinvest provides the best AI trading solutions for forex. You can trade automated from just $1 through partner brokers with AI trading or manually with AI forex signals in the forex broker of your choice.
- You can get started with free AI forex signals and use a risk-free practice account.
- Whether you are a beginner of a professional, AI trading can help you reach for extra money in forex.
Disclaimer: Forex and Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money due to leverage. Forex trading is not suitable for everyone. You should consider whether you understand how forex and CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
The forex brokerages displayed shall disclaim the overall performance of traders in their platforms. Oanda warns that 76.8% of retail forex traders lose money trading CFDs. XTB warns that 80% of retail forex traders lose money trading CFDs. FXCM warns that 74.74% of retail forex traders lose money trading CFDs.
The performances aforementioned are not related to Wiseinvest AI forex trading and AI forex signals system. You can check the performance of our AI forex system on our dashboard.